Is your jaw suffering from a bone loss? Are you in need of adding support to your jawbone? If so, a bone grafting procedure may be needed for you. Our oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Fullmer and Maak with Aspire Surgical in Salt Lake City, Utah, are skilled in bone grafting and are happy to give you this basic information on why bone grafting may be needed for your smile.
The insights of bone grafting include:
– If you have any lost or missing teeth and wish to replace them with a dental implant, your jawbone may need to be strengthened with a bone graft.
– Our oral and maxillofacial surgeon can provide you a bone grafting examination to determine if a bone graft will be needed before placing a dental implant.
– If you require a jawbone graft, it means that bone from one area may need to be pulled and placed in your jaw. In some cases, artificial bone grafting materials can be used.
– Several bone grafting treatments can often prove to be beneficial for periodontal dentistry treatments.
– Unless you need a very small bone graft, it often takes several months for the jawbone and bone graft to strengthen and bind together properly before an implant can be installed.
If you still need more information about bone grafting, or if you have questions about the procedure ahead, please call us at 801-487-3264. Our professional team is happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have pertaining to your bone grafting procedure. We look forward to talking to you soon.